For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aug 7, 2010 Update

This morning brings us so much joy as we may get another chance to hold our dear little Emmie. The last few days have gone much smoother and we are encouraged as Emersyn continues to get stronger each day. It is evident that your prayers are definitely working, so please keep them coming  Emersyn’s lungs continue to impress the doctors and they felt comfortable pulling her off of her ventilator on Thursday and transitioned her to a high flow nasal cannula that provides minimal support and so far she is responding very well and breathing great on her own. We continue to wait and see when her little bowel will heal and the doctor’s feel like she is making good progress. She does seem to be comfortable and rest well which is the best we can hope for…she loves her belly time.


Yesterday was a fantastic day as this was the first opportunity that Lynsey had to hold her and Emersyn loved every minute of it. She was calmer on Lynsey’s chest than in her little isolette and it brought so much joy to have a chance to hold her for the first time. Pictures of yesterday’s events will be posted later today.

God continues to bless us with all your thoughts, support and prayers and we appreciate them more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment